To maintain the integrity of the BCSA, all members are required to adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
· Act within and uphold applicable laws.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the welfare of captive big cats.
· Operate within an ethic of continuous improvement in regards to animal care and institutional sustainability.
· Share skills and knowledge with other Members in the spirit of cooperation for the welfare of the animals.
· Maintain the integrity and reputation of the BCSA. Interact with other members in a respectful and professional way.
· Interact with other members in a respectful and professional way.
· Respect other members, especially when speaking with the media or the public. Respect includes handling disagreements in a professional, constructive and cooperative manner without negative public comments about another member.
· Conduct all business and activities in a professional manner, with honesty, integrity, compassion and commitment, realizing that an individual’s or an organization’s conduct reflects on the entire big cat sanctuary community.
· Acknowledge limitations and enlist the of others when appropriate.
· Place a strong emphasis on safety and security of animals, staff and visitors.
· Avoid promoting photographs or video depicting inappropriate, direct interaction between humans and animals.
· Sanctuaries must provide humane care and maintain the dignity of each animal in life and death.
· Sanctuaries must recognize when the needs of a specific big cat under their care cannot be met and immediately remedy the problem.
· Must not engage in activities or messaging that are contrary to the values of the Big Cat Sanctuary Alliance.
I have read and agree to the BCSA Code of Conduct.